Fixed mistake in Thunderbird forwarding by enabling POP and IMAP on the servers. Thunderbird connection is working perfectly now. I also changied it so that the mail is checked every 60 seconds instead of every 10 minutes.

On a whim, I downloaded three applications from the Apple Downloads website. One is an email extractor, and two are mass mailers. I have a list of about 40,000 untargeted email addresses, so as a nice side project I'll send a message to the 40,000 to see if it works, as well as try to extract me personal address book with the extractor program.

As a sidenote, I have received three responses already to my advertisement/post.

Message filter not working properly. I'm going to delete the filter and respond to messages manually for now, as they are pouring in at a steady rate.

Received and manually replied to 52 messages before the post was flagged, with the same reply, yet somewhat personalized. Didn't get any paid sign-ups, but I got a free one. Not too horrible for the first try in one city. And who knows, that free sign-up may turn into a paid sign-up netting me $50.

Sent out two more similar posts in two different cities with different photos of the same girl. I used the same account and the same proxy, as an experiment on seeing how many ads can be flagged before an account is shut down.

The email extractor was a trial. I can open the program, but not extract any email addresses from Gmails, text files, or CSV's. Since it was wasting space on the hard drive, I simply deleted the program.

The mass mailers were also crap, trial offers, and didn't work whatsoever, therefore they, too, were deleted. I am focusing at the moment on manually responding to the emails through Thunderbird.

0 comments